How Advertisers Can Start Working With Canadian Influencers!
Influencer marketing is a great way to connect with audiences in a more authentic setting. Brands looking to advertise in a more niche or local setting can use micro influencers to increase brand awareness and increase engagement. In the age of social media, people are more trusting of their peers than they are of generic advertisements. Since influencers are able to connect with their audiences on a more personal level, using micro influencers is especially important when you are trying to reach out to a customer base in a specific age group, area, or interest.
Finding the perfect influencer can be hard, but here are a few different ways advertisers can start working with Canadian influencers!
Reaching out to influencers on your own is always an option for advertisers. This means that everything from finding the influencer to managing the influencer is done by you. However, choosing to fully manage an influencer on your own has its obstacles:
- Low response rates. When searching for influencers on your own without the necessary tools, it often leads to low response rates from influencers. Influencers are often unlikely to respond when reached out to directly through email or through their social media. Although it is not impossible to reach customers without using any external tools, it is not the most effective method.
- No access to audience data. Having access to audience data both before starting a campaign with an influencer, and during the campaign, is extremely important. However, when fully managing campaigns and influencers on your own, you do not have access to their audience data. The importance of having this information before the campaign is to know the level of engagement an influencer has on their posts currently, so that you are able to estimate the type of engagement your advertisements are likely to receive. During the campaign, it is especially crucial to have access to this information so that you are able to track each day’s progress for your campaign, and see if there are any necessary adjustments that need to be made.
- Negotiating terms and pay is hard. Not having access to information such as audience data makes it difficult to effectively pay influencers. Knowing the amount of engagement influencers receive per post, as well as the number of followers they have, is helpful in determining fair pay for influencers. By not having a clear understanding of the value of an influencer’s posts, it can be difficult to negotiate with them. Another difficulty is that it can be hard to communicate terms and conditions with influencers when doing it over email. This can feel impersonal and often results in miscommunication.
Agencies are a very common method for advertisers to use when looking for influencers to represent their brand. When working with an agency, they have a large roster of individuals to choose from, however agencies are not always an effective source for small to medium size businesses. Here are a couple of reasons why:
- They often have high budget commitments. Influencer agencies typically work with companies looking to target a large audience. Due to the higher target markets agencies are used to working with, their budget commitments are larger. This is not ideal for small to medium sized businesses who are looking to target much smaller audiences.
- Influencer agencies work with macro influencers. Since agencies are used to working with larger companies, their influencers reflect this. Large companies are looking for influencers with a general audience , and thus use macro influencers. Businesses looking to reach a niche or local market should be using micro influencers instead. These types of influencers are often very difficult to find when using an agency.
Using the Embold platform is a great way to ensure that you are getting the perfect influencer to represent your brand. At Embold, we work to make things easy for brands to find, manage, and collaborate with influencers. Here are a few reasons why Embold is the best choice:
- A filtered roster of Canadian influencers. At Embold, our roster exclusively includes Canadian influencers. This is perfect for businesses looking to target local markets. You have the opportunity to choose which influencer to collaborate with and can filter based on regions to make sure your influencer is getting the most engagement for your brand.
- Access to audience data and analytics. By using the Embold platform, you have access to all of the audience data and analytics to monitor your campaign. You will have access to analytics before choosing an influencer and have continued access to all reporting after the campaign launch. As a result, you are able to see the level of engagement each influencer receives on posts, and choose the right influencer to represent your brand. During the campaign, you will have real time access to reporting and analytics in order to continually monitor the progress of the campaign. This allows you to have the opportunity to make any changes necessary.
- Influencer compensation has never been easier. Understanding how much an influencer should be compensated for a campaign can be difficult. At Embold, we do the heavy lifting for you. Depending on your campaign type, length of the campaign, and influencer analytics, we calculate the suggested compensation each influencer should receive. After the campaign is over, paying the influencer is as easy as a few clicks. All of our influencers have either their bank account or PayPal directly linked to their profiles, making compensation an easy task.
- Influencers are fully managed. While our influencers are given the creative freedom to publish unique and never seen before advertisements, at Embold we monitor and approve all messaging to ensure influencers are positively promoting your brand.
Working with Canadian influencers is a guaranteed way of increasing brand awareness and reaching target audiences across Canada. There are many different ways to find influencers for your brand, but why look elsewhere when Embold is the only solution you need to run successful influencer campaigns. Want to learn more? Click here to book a demo with us today or visit: https://meetings.hubspot.com/embold/book-a-demo