How to Write a Campaign Brief for a Successful Influencer Marketing Campaign
When launching an influencer campaign, creating a clear and organized campaign brief is essential to your campaign’s success. A campaign brief is a document that outlines the goals, target audience, and overall strategy for an influencer marketing campaign. To write a successful campaign brief, you should consider the following elements:
- Objectives: Clearly define the goals of the campaign and what you hope to achieve through influencer marketing. This is important to establish internally before searching for influencers. It is important to be aligned on your goals for the influencer campaign so that you can effectively seek out the right influencers to represent your brand. If the objectives are unclear, this can cause confusion amongst your influencers when they are creating content, resulting in an unsuccessful campaign.
- Target audience: Identify the demographics and psychographics of your target audience, including their interests, habits, and pain points. By identifying your ideal target audience, you can begin searching for influencers who either fall within this demographic themselves, or influencers with a following within that demographic. When working with micro-influencers, their followers are typically very similar to the influencer themselves.
- Key message: Develop a clear and compelling message that aligns with your brand and resonates with your target audience. If your messaging is undefined or there are multiple key messages being pushed that do not align with one another, this can cause confusion during the campaign. It is important to have cohesive and clear messaging across all of the internal marketing tools, as well as across messaging with all influencers participating in the campaign.
- Influencer criteria: Outline the criteria you will use to select influencers for your campaign, such as reach, engagement, and relevance to your brand. Looking back at the first point, it is important to search for influencers that align with your objectives. Search for influencers who you feel can most effectively represent your brand and its message.
- Campaign details: Provide a detailed overview of the campaign, including the overall strategy, key milestones, and any specific requirements for the influencers. Make this as detailed as possible so that influencers have a clear idea of what is expected of them and the outcome of the campaign. When there is very little direction, it can be difficult to have cohesive messaging, especially when using multiple influencers.
- Measurement and reporting: Establish how you will measure the campaign’s success and what data you will need to track. If you are diverting traffic to a specific landing page, it can be helpful to have a unique URL that re-directs to that landing page so you can track the number of visitors from the influencer marketing campaign. Another great way to measure the success of your campaign is by providing influencers with unique discount codes to share with their followers.
By including these elements in your campaign brief, you can effectively communicate your goals and expectations to influencers and increase the chances of a successful campaign.
Need help creating a campaign brief? Embold can help you navigate through your planning process to ensure you are able to reach your target audience. At Embold, we simplify influencer marketing for advertisers. Click here to get started on a fully managed campaign with Embold.