Ideal Campaigns for Automotive Brands
Running an influencer marketing campaign for an automotive brand can yield amazing results. In a digital era, consumers are drawn to the internet to gather their information, and a vast majority of individuals look to their favourite influencers for testimonials. With the overwhelming number of advertisements that can be found on all platforms, consumers consistently trust the recommendations of their peers over traditional advertising. This allows brands to effectively utilize influencers to market their products, and this can be extremely effective for automotive brands. To learn how your automotive brand can maximize profits through influencer marketing, keep reading this blog.
Types of Influencer Campaigns
It is important to pick the right campaign to represent your brand in order to maximize engagement. The most common campaigns are listed below:
- Product Launch Campaigns: These types of campaigns are ideal if you are looking to feature a specific vehicle, whether it be a new or existing model, and target a specific audience. It is ideal for expanding in existing markets, exploring new markets, and building excitement ahead of your launch.
- Brand Ambassador Campaigns: This type of campaign is when influencers are used to promote your brand as a whole over a series of posts and thus become a strong advocate for your company. This is typically a long-form campaign which is great for brands looking to establish themselves as industry leaders. With this type of campaign, it is ideal to have a variety of different influencers with reach into different niches, as this guarantees that each product within your product line is reaching its ideal consumer.
- Grand Opening Campaigns: If you are looking to engage influencers in your target market who will create original content, then this campaign is right for you. This campaign is focused on promoting and building excitement ahead of your next big launch. This can be the launch of a new vehicle or the launch of a new location.
- User Acquisition Campaigns: This form of campaign is focused on acquiring new customers by showcasing their experience with your brand and a specific vehicle, and offering a clear path of conversion. This is done by using trackable links, promo codes, and other calls to action.
For those looking for a more hands-off experience, Embold offers a self-serve platform. This platform is a great way for brands to run their own campaigns while also having access to all of the tools on our Embold platform. Some of the tools you will have access to are:
- Access to a filtered roster of Canadian influencers
- Managing influencers and their content
- Get reporting and influencer analytics
- Paying influencers with just a few clicks
These features are discussed in more detail below.
How to Manage Influencers
Influencers meeting requirements
It is important that the influencers you choose for campaigns reflect your brand’s image and share similar values. At Embold, it is encouraged that influencers collaborate with brands they already know and love, or ones that reflect their own personal interest. This is because it helps with engagement per post as those following influencers often share the same interests. Another important requirement for influencers to have is good audience data. Influencers with low audience data, such as low engagement per post, will not be an effective use of influencer marketing. Additionally, if your campaign is meant to promote a specific vehicle in your product line, it is important that the influencers you select reflect that of your ideal buyer.
Compensation and terms
Compensation depends on an influencer-to-influencer basis. It relies on the number of followers an influencer has, the amount of engagement they receive per post, and the length of the campaign. Campaign lengths in terms of influencers are dependent on how many times a month you would like them to post content. Another important factor in regard to compensation and terms is to ensure that the terms of the contract are as clear as possible. This should be about how many times a month you would like them to post content, what type of content you are looking for, and the type of messaging you would like associated with the content. While a large part of influencer marketing is allowing influencers to express their creativity by producing original content for your brand, it is important to set general guidelines for what you are looking for. This will help to avoid confusion and ensure that your brand is being advertised in a meaningful way. Additionally, with an automotive campaign, it is important to highlight whether influencers will be allowed to test drive a car for several days, or if all their content must be shot in a showroom.
Similar to what was mentioned in ‘compensation and terms’, it is important to be clear about how much influencers will be paid, as well as how often they will be paid. This can be on a per post basis, twice a month, or at the end of the campaign. What is important is that this is made clear to influencers from the start in order to avoid any confusion. If your campaign involves credits, it is important to discuss this with influencers as well. In your campaign, if you are offering 0% interest for 12 months on any car in your lot to influencers participating in campaigns, influencers may be willing to adjust their compensation to reflect this compensation model. With a platform such as Embold, these campaign payouts are extremely easy to do and can be done in just a few clicks. Influencers have their bank accounts or PayPal directly linked with their Embold profiles, so brands are able to pay directly through the platform.
When working with influencers, it is important to receive up-to-date reports from them. Before choosing to work with an influencer, it is beneficial to have access to their audience data to ensure that they have the level of engagement you are looking for. Knowing how much engagement an influencer has per post is also beneficial to understand the appropriate wage for them. During campaigns, it is necessary to have continuous reporting of how posts are doing in order to understand the impact of the advertisements and whether there are any necessary adjustments that need to be made for the remainder of the campaign. Thus, when working with influencers, ensure that you are receiving complete reports of performance and analytics.
Using influencers is a guaranteed way to elevate your brand and get it the recognition it deserves. By following the steps outlined above, you are guaranteed to run an effective automotive campaign. Influencer marketing is a continuously growing industry, it is crucial to effectively utilize influencers to reach your goals. Why wait? Click here to book a demo with a member from our Embold team, or visit: https://embold.co/getstarted/